A newly acquired gold mine lacked an integrated system and processes to manage MRO planning, procurement, inventory, and consumption. Instead, a set of shared excel tables with an accounting system were employed. As a result, production suffered from the absence of required materials, at the same time yielding excessive purchases and duplicated stock.
- Inventory Management and Master Data Management processes, roles, and responsibilities defined and formalized with documents and policies
- An integrated system for procurement and inventory management, including annual budget planning, logistics, and warehouse operations, was designed, developed, and rolled out in stages
- The procurement budget, stock parameters, and master data were reviewed and normalized
- IMS system successfully launched across all departments
- 6,2% budget savings were achieved on a single budgeting cycle
- Catalogue of 20k records was cleansed from duplicates, leading to stock reduction